Sunday 6 April 2014

~Sewing in the hols~

Spurred along by Daisy's Sew-Along (click on the link opposite) and also the final of the Great British Sewing Bee on Tuesday, I've started a new sewing project...
 
It's New Look 6895, which is a multi-size pattern for 6 tops - I'm making view C, top right, which takes 1.5m of fabric.  It's got a gathered scoop neck, and gathered short sleeves.
I made another of these (view E) in 2012...
 
 
I'm using this navy soft cotton lawn, which I bought a few weeks ago for £5.99 a metre from the fantastic Fabworks millshop here in Dewsbury. It looks a bit faded in my photo, but it's a true navy.

Talking of the Sewing Bee; I did apply for this year and made it to the phone interviews but no further. *sad face*
That said, as I do my cutting out on the floor in a most unglamorous fashion, oofing when my knees hurt and I put my tongue out whilst concentrating - all these things would have not made easy viewing!
Here are my 4 pieces cut out, notches cut out and tailor-tacks done, all ready to start after tea. See how messy my sewing room is now you can see the untidy side! 
And now, Small Dog has just wondered in to have a look a la Claudia, Patrick and May just to check up on me...

I will return tomorrow with some progress (hopefully).
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Sally that is a really pretty pattern. I remember the top you made the other year, very very clever! I think you would have been great on the Sewing Bee but I cant watch it without my heart pounding for them all! I could do with a few sewing lessons if ever you are free......!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the finished top - well done! Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel welcome to get in touch or leave a comment - I really appreciate it. Sally x